Bishop Chatard welcomes Brianne (Bri) Lindsey, as the BCHS Theatre Director!
Read about her journey to BCHS!
Interested in being part of the 2016/2017 ComedySportz team?
ATTEND A WORKSHOP
You are highly encouraged to attend one (or both) of the ComedySportz workshops (in order to best prepare for tryouts):
1. Aug. 25 (Thurs): 3:30-4:30pm, in the Kyle Guyton Theatre
2. Aug. 26 (Fri): 3:30-4:30pm in the Kyle Guyton Theatre
There are two options to tryout for the team. Students only need to attend one tryout.
1. Aug. 31 (Wed): 5-6:30pm in the Kyle Guyton Theatre
2. Sept. 1 (Thurs): 5-6:30pm in the Kyle Guyton Theatre
On Thursday, September 8, the BCHS Theatre Booster Club will have our Theatre Booster Parent Kickoff meeting at 6:30pm in the Kyle Guyton Theatre (formerly room 102).
All parents are welcome to attend and meet Bri Lindsey, BCHS theatre director, and hear about what is planned for the year. There will be a few changes this year so if you have an active Thespian and/or you just want to stay “in the know”, September 8th is the day to find out!
Questions? Contact Christine Janowicz, at firstname.lastname@example.org
An innovation in theatre in recent decades, the “black box theatre” is a somewhat unadorned performance space, often a large room with dark walls that can be easily transformed, used in many college and theatre training programs. This flexible staging technique is versatile and enables instructors to adjust to changing theatrical needs.
In true Trojan style, we are building a ‘Blue Box Theatre’ to better serve the creative pursuits of Bishop Chatard’s drama students. Academic instruction and dramatic and musical productions, along with our Comedy Sportz team, are among those that will benefit significantly from this addition.
During Chatard-A-Bration 2016, the ‘Trojan Blue Box Theatre’ was the Fund-A-Cause for the event. Over $47,500 was raised! Construction of the theatre space will begin in April and be ready for summer camps!
Monies raised will help pay for:
- Sound & Lighting Tech Booth components, including computer monitors, headsets, and power devices
- Sound & Lighting Needs of the Blue Box Theater Room, including LED par can lights, spotlights and movers, speakers, acoustic panels and draping, and rigging and accessories
- Additional Soft Seating for 32
- Stage and Room Build-Out Construction, including labor, materials for stage construction, repurposing of storage areas, and HVAC
If you did not have a chance to support this cause, it’s not too late to do so. Contact Margaret Ruffing at email@example.com or 251-1451, Ext. 2242 for info on how to donate.
Congratulations to all of the Senior-Directed One-Act Plays Directors:
Emily Jorgenson, Anna Farmer, Henry Semler, Joseph Knight, Claire Rudolph, Valerie Schultz, Noah Boyce, and Erika Meckauskas
Who knew arts could play such a critical role in your future?
Studies show that involvement in the arts can help increase test scores and improve overall academic performance. Plus, it’s a great way to express yourself.
Act Up! Get involved!